Tuesday 29 December 2009

After bath!

pix taken on 20th September 2009
Isaac @ 2 years 1 month

Hubbs started it. He would wrap Isaac in a towel like that and send him out to me for me to dress him. It is a ritual that Isaac has come to expect.

Speaking of bath-time rituals...

Isaac, like all kids I suppose, went through a phase where he would refuse to put on clothes after his bath. He still does it now and then. I would have to count to 10 and tell him that he has to put on his diapers/shirt/pants. Usually it works, sometimes it doesn't.

But a method which worked consistently was the "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed!" method. Isaac would want me to sing that song while he jumped on our bed. We managed to shorted it to Three Monkeys, and would make Isaac dress a piece of clothing before we sing one monkey. So by the end of the Three Monkeys Jumping on the Bed (and falling off!) - he'd have worn his diapers, shirt and pants!

The latest bath-time ritual for Isaac is him taking his toy cars to bathe with him. He would take many of his toy cars till we have to tell him to stop. But he still keeps taking more and more. Sometimes, he'd have almost 20 cars bathing with him. hehehe... I didn't teach him this okay... but this is exactly what I used to do when I was young! hahahaha... But I very controlled... I only bring 3 cars! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message or a comment if you have enjoyed reading this post! We love getting comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this utility