Sunday 18 April 2010

Just like Mummy?!

Can you guess what these three pictures show? Can you see someone's legs sticking out from below??? They're actually pictures of our dear Isaac, in the car seat - he's holding the sunscreen to shield himself from the sun.
It was hilarious the way he covered his whole head so I quickly whipped out my camera... :) Don't know if I'd actually mention this before, but Isaac had always been pretty sensitive about the sun getting in his eyes, hence his sunglasses and all this shielding business.

Usually, in the car, he'd go "Mummy/Papa, the sun! Urrgghh!" Then hubbs or I, whoever's driving, would hand him a CD cover, or a book or a brochure or whatever - to let him cover his eyes. On this occasion, think we couldn't find anything else, and just gave him the sunscreen.
above three pix taken on 12th December 2009
At home, in the bedroom, if it's generally dark and suddenly there's light, like we switch on the light or something, Isaac would exclaim and ask us to switch off the light. Recently, he'd even started saying "Mummy! My eyes spoil already! Spoil already!" while shielding his eyes. So drama, you know. "Nonsense!" I'd say "Your eyes not spoil lah, you silly boy!".

Incidentally, he's behaving like how I used to when I was young. When I wake up in the morning in the dark (like how we used to when we had to go to school early in the morning last time), I'd use the toilet (brush teeth, bathe etc) in the dark, without turning on the lights. I've been doing this since when I was in primary school.

My mother figured that there MUST be something wrong with me for wanting to do things in the dark. So the next time we were at the doctors, she took the chance to ask if there was something wrong with me, be it my eyes or my mental abilities :p Turns out that I'm normal afterall, coz one needs to adjust when going from darkness to bright. Doc told my mum to let me be :p

As time passed, I've come to notice some other quirks of mine that Isaac is now exhibiting. But I swear I am not TEACHING him these stuff! He just started doing it, without me even showing him how to or anything like that... Here's the list...

Rub eyes in circular motion
When I was young, I used to rub my eyes in a circular motion when crying. Apparently, it was a trademark of mine that all my cousins, uncles and aunties all know. And guess who's doing that now?! Even my mum pointed out to me how similar Isaac's crying/rubbing eyes is similar to mine...

Picking up stuff with toes & feet
I'd always been using my toes and feet to pick up stuff, since young. But it's also been a very useful skill especially during my pregnancies when I have greater difficulty bending down, so I can use my toes & feet to pick up stuff. It's also very good for pinching hubbs' calf under the table kekeke... ;p
I've never demonstrated this particular skill of mine to Isaac though... so I'm really not sure where he picked up this skill (kekeke pun intended!) One day, while keeping his toy cars, Isaac started to use his toes and feet to keep the toys in the box. I was kinda amused by it, so I started to join him in using my toes and feet to keep the cars as well.
above two pix taken on 16th February 2010 Isaac @ 2 years 6 months plus
Hubbs was attracted by the fun and laughter we were having - when he realised what we were doing. "Huh?! What are you all doing?!" he went, amused yet bewildered by our antics - not sure if it is something he wants Isaac to do. "Why don't you use your hands, Isaac?" he said. "No! No! use feet!" said Isaac! and I was laughing my head off.

Hubbs turned to me and gave me the "You're encouraging this???" look ;p I grinned at him and said "Good mah, train his toes and feet to be flexible" kekeke... think it was only at a later point in time that I confessed to hubbs that this was the very sort of thing I'd do when I was young.
pic above taken in church on 28th February 2010

Bringing cars to bathe together...
Speaking of cars... I love cars. Yes, it's me actually, that loves the toy cars, and not hubbs. So I've been the one feeding Isaac's collection... actually, it's MY collection that I allow him to play with. Just that I've been expanding this collection of ours (oh alright, I'd share it with him ;p) that I have more reason to expand now that I've a son... or two ;p

When I say that they're my cars, I mean it, literally. For most of the cars that Isaac is playing with are more than 20 years old - they're my collection from when I was a kid. You can tell what a hoarder I am :p

For a period of time, Isaac started to bring his cars to bathe with him. He just started it out of the blue one day. I certainly didn't 'teach' him to do it. When we tell him it's bath time, he'd say "Wait! I take cars!" then he'd take some with him into the bathroom.

One day, hubbs was quite exasperated coz Isaac was taking so many, like 20 cars into the bath with him... and so hubbs said "You ah... dunno where you learn to do such things..." I turned to hubbs and said "Didn't you do this when you were young?" "Nope." he said, as he gave me a suspicious look. "Erm... I did!" I said sheepishly... "But I only took 3 cars at most, and later I stopped doing it when the paint fell off my cars!!!"

Well... all I can say is... The cars nowadays not too bad the quality - the paint never fall off leh :p

Blowing bubbles in drink
Now, surely this is quite common, right?! My parents didn't cook much when we were young, so our meals on weekends were inevitably had at the town central coffeeshops. One of my favourite activities then was blowing bubbles in my drink...

which Isaac started doing recently. So I wasn't entirely surprised. What surprised me was that hubbs claimed that he didn't do this when he was young! REALLY?! sure or not?! He insisted he didn't... while giving me dirty looks and looking at Isaac and his bubble blowing...

Now, I wonder when Isaac will start mixing the soya sauce with the chilli sauce together, and throw in the green chilli... kekeke... ;p

Spit out vege!
Hehehe... when I was young, I hated vegetables, any kind of vegetables. And I didn't take stuff like spring onions, ginger, onions, garlic etc the whole works. I'd have this uncanny ability of sensing anything I didn't fancy that was sneaked into my mouth... and spit it out!

Well, Isaac seems to have this ability as well! Same as me, he's not into vegetables either... sigh. Well, the good news is, when I grew older, I started eating vege and now, I'm a big vege eater! :) so there's hope yet! kekekeke...

Again, hubbs was muttering under his breath about this newly discovered ability of Isaac's when I turned and asked him the same question "Didn't you do this when you were young???" He gave me this frown cum disgusted cum bewildered look "No, of course not." Well, I thought it over, I guess not. This is Mr Bottomless Pit we're talking about - hubbs eats anything and everything almost - and he never gets fat!!! Sigh! So gooood!!!

Just like Mummy?
So the thing is... other than those listed above, it seems like Isaac's temperament is very much like mine... Sometimes, I'd be so exasperated with him and be "complaining" about Isaac to hubbs, and hubbs would stifle a laugh, and grin... and then I'd realise... sh*t, Isaac's behaving like me!!! hahaha...

But seriously, not everything Isaac is exhibiting is coz he "learned it from me" by observation etc - it's inherited! It's heriditary! So uncanny, you know!!! Well, the good side of it is... It'd be like dealing with myself - I'd know what works and what doesn't... so far, we're doing alright with that ;)

Oh and if you think that Isaac's not like hubbs in any way... you're wrong too... hmmm what are the things he inherited from hubbs? For one... nose digging - that's so not me and so very hubbs... Liking rice - that's so hubbs. But oh Isaac loves pizza too, which is so me.

Oh and something that pleased hubbs so much over the weekend... hubbs was watching some concert dvd, old chinese songs sung by some old ladies (I dunno who ;p) - Isaac joined him, and started to hum along with the singing... and then he said this to hubbs "This is a good song!!!" FAINT... sighz also good lah, maybe next time he can accompany hubbs to see Cai Qin concert ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message or a comment if you have enjoyed reading this post! We love getting comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this utility