Thursday 24 January 2013

Thursday Trivia - Radio dreams

Time for some Thursday Trivia!

Recently, some talk on our private Singapore Mom Bloggers facebook group (the public page is here!) reminded me of the following...

I once went for an interview to be a radio deejay!!! Yes, me! hehehe... well, it's always been a dream of mine to be a deejay. I thought it was cool to have a job as a radio deejay, no? You get to choose the kind of music you want played (I assumed), and you get to be on air, I thought it sounded pretty fun.

I think it was in 2003 - wow, that's like 10 years ago. At that time, I was with hubbs, as his girlfriend, not married yet. In my first job, and already getting bored, I think. So when I saw that there was an opening at News 93.8 FM - I just thought, what the heck, let's go try! It didn't matter to me that it was predominantly a news channel and not perceived to be as cool as 98.7FM or Class 95 - radio is radio you know!

So I went. All we had to do was to read off a fake script. I tried my best.  But nope, I didn't even get shortlisted to get into the second round of interviews. Sob sob... must be coz I had blocked nose that day, too nasal... hahaha in anycase, it was a no go. Oh and did I mention that hubbs' cousin was one of the interviewers? Hmmm, maybe she didn't like me... hahhahaa... kidding, she's cool, and really objective (as you can see). :p

But there! At least I tried, right? :) Would you tune in to my show, if I was a deejay on air? :p

Tan Family Chronicles

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pamela, I fully support you. Yes, I will tune in to your show. It is good to pursue your dreams :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, so minimally I have will have at least 1 listener, you! :)

      Delete

Leave us a message or a comment if you have enjoyed reading this post! We love getting comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this utility