Wednesday 23 May 2012

Our 7th wedding anniversary!


23rd May is our wedding anniversary! :) Seven years since 2005! My, how time flies! It seems like it wasn't too long ago that we got married, and yet it also seems like we've been married and been parents for a long time. An oxymoron, I know, but I think it feels like a "long time" because we're both very comfortable being together and having kids, being parents and all. Yet, seven years seemed to have passed in a blink of an eye!
Our angels in disguise: Isaac, Asher & Shawna - August 2011

Now, every year for the past few years, I'd try to do a special wedding anniversary blog post. Last year,  we shared with you the powerpoint slideshow that we put together for our wedding. It had the usual photos of us when we were kids, and also the story of how we got together and how hubbs proposed to me. The year before that, we did a photo-story recap  of our wedding day actual day proceedings.

This year, we've put together a video!!! The English lyrics (below) are written by yours truly hahaha...



Lyrics by Pamela Tan

When the sun sets in the morning it will rise again.
When the flowers wilt but next year they bloom once more.
Pretty little birdies fly and fade away
My youth is like the flying birds - it won't come back.
My youth is like the flying birds - it won't come back.

I'm getting so old, I'm getting so old.
My youth is like the flying birds - it won't come back.

Go camping and rock-climbing? Now I have no more time.
I can't even run because my meniscus' gone.
My six-pecs and biceps have wasted away.
My hairline is receding, look I have no more fringe.
My hairline is receding, look I have no more fringe.
I'm getting so old, I'm getting so old.
My hairline is receding, look I have no more fringe.

When I wake up in the morning, and my bones ache.
When I eat a little bit, I put on some weight.
My pretty slim figure has long since gone.
My youth is like my slim figure, it won't come back.
My youth is like my slim figure, it won't come back.
I'm getting so old, I'm getting so old.
My youth is like my slim figure, it won't come back.

But now... 7 years later...

We wake up in the morning with our 3 lovely kids!
We get to play all day with them, they are so much fun.
Our hearts are brimming full of love for them.
Our youth is gone but we have 3 kids, we are so blessed!
Our youth is gone but we have 3 kids, we are so blessed!
So what if we're old?! So what if we're old?!
Our youth is gone but we have 3 kids, we are so blessed!

*grinz* hehehhee...

My colleagues say that I should send this video to MCYS and we should be the ambassadors to encourage people to have more children :p But I must state this for the record that we have kids because we love kids and not because of some government campaign or men in white (or blue or whatever colour!) tells us to.That said, if anyone wants to help us do a proper video of us singing that and/or putting us on tv - we certainly don't mind! *grinz*

Apologies for my horrible singing though! I was trying hard not to laugh and remember the lyrics! But, next to hubbs, my singing is just not as good as his, and that's the truth of it all :) Hope you got a few laughs outta that! hahaha Leave us comments, we love getting comments! :)

23 comments:

  1. OMG! Pam, you both are such good parents!!!! LOL. I had a good laugh at the clip. And ahem, I think your hubs can sing pretty well! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks Alicia! Yes, Matthew has a fantastic voice! :) Glad to know you got some laughs outta my horrible singing! hhehehehe

      Delete
  2. Bravo!!! The lyrics were genius...and u guys are so sporting to have made this video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! Finally someone who praised the lyrics! hahaha I had fun making up the lyrics! and we had fun doing the video!

      Delete
  3. You guys are fun and sporting! Happy 7th year anniversary! Many great years ahead for your marriage :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamela!! Cannot hear you leh! Haha :)

    Wonderful, wonderful post... from wonderful parents and life partners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regina! Yah lah, I never warm up my voice then do recording liaoz! (making excuses hahahaha). I usually sing better than that. Really. Yes, serious. hahahahahhaa

      Delete
  5. so cool!! happy 7 years!! ours coming up too!! haha
    great to see both of u enjoyed e recording... still v much happy w wat u do!! many more good years to come!! cheers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah!!! We should all get together and have a mega celebration for those of us who got married in 2005 eh?! :) Think who else? Baoling & Leslie! :)

      Delete
  6. Pam! I actually know this song in Chinese! Man, I learnt it when I was 7 years old! Love your hubby's dancing in the background while you're singing! Lol

    Happy anniversary guys. Wishing you many many more happy years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adora! Serious you learnt this when you were 7 years old?! Geez!!! hahaha yeah he was happily dancing away while I was trying not to be too conspicuous hahaha. Thanks for the well wishes!

      Delete
  7. LOL!! You two sure have a great sense of humor and who cares if you've got horrible singing? This will be a wonderful memory for the future. Blessed anniversary Pam and Matthew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah!!! I was like:" Should we re-take the video? My singing sucks." Matthew was like:" But take again then not spontaneous already." and I was like:" Yah, that's true. And the mozzies are eating me alive." We looked at each other:"Okay, lah, quite good what the video, hor. Set. Let's go!"

      Delete
  8. Hi Pamela, Happy anniversary! Thumbs up for both of u!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love the spirit behind the post and the clip. You are really a role model to us. Yes, your hubs sing very well:).

    I wish you many years of happiness and sweetness coming to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks pc! :) hehehe... especially when compared to my singing, he's a fantabulous singer!!! hehehe

      Delete
  10. You guys are so sporting! Haha! You're right - your husband sure has a good voice :) It's also 7 years for us this year too. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah! Happy Anniversay to you guys too then! :)

      Delete
  11. A lovely song, I like how you deal with what is usually perceived as a problem - growing old, and make it into a positive thing.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message or a comment if you have enjoyed reading this post! We love getting comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this utility