Tuesday 5 April 2011

My Ascendas Farewell Email

Hey hey hey!!!

Firstly, just wanted to point out that I did a backpost - Isaac in School - pix from August 2010, I just wrote it but posted it to 18 Dec 2010 9.23am. So you can scroll down to see it, or click on that link above.

Secondly... remember I told you I had tendered from my job? My last day was 31 March 2010. And below is my farewell email to all my colleagues! :) I had kinda written it in a rush, so it is not as good as I'd have liked it to be, but unfortunately, it'd have had to do coz I was running out of time to write it. Still am pretty proud of it though. Go read! :)

p.s. I tried my best to keep it short and sweet already!!! No verbal diarrhoea-ing!!!


Hi everyone,

Today is my last day in Ascendas. All 4 years and 9 months of my tenure here. And what a ride it has been! :)

You may have heard of the saying that people are in your life for a reason, a season or for lifetime. I truly believe in that. I am grateful to have got to know each of you sometime in this past 4 years and 9 months.

I have learnt a lot from all of you. Be it finance basics, or property management issues, or legal clauses and concepts, all the way to tips on how to deal with morning sickness, kids throwing tantrums, enrichment classes or baking cakes and cookies and fengshui theories and many many more. You have enriched my life and made me what I am today. My arsenal of lease and asset management skills have been built up here thanks to all the guidance and learning I have gleaned from all of you. I can firmly proclaim that I am a better person today, than when I joined 4 years and 9 months ago, because of you, all of you. And for that, I sincerely thank you.

People ask me if I am sad, or happy to be leaving. I must confess that I look forward to moving on, and pray that my choice of pasture, is greener than the one here. But I am also sad, for Ascendas has come to be a home to me. The people here are beyond nice, and the many friends that I have made here are friends that I wish to keep for a lifetime. Many lifetimes! J

I also thank those of you who have bought me farewell lunches and farewell gifts. I very much appreciate the food and the gifts, but more importantly, I value the time and the company you have given me. I hope this is only a farewell for me in Ascendas, but not that of our friendship. I look forward to keeping in touch with you in the many years to come.

Think of me often. Laugh when you do so. Talk about me, go ahead, gossip, and keep your eye on my facebook page and read my blog often. Bug me to meet up for lunch. I welcome it. Ask me for info or advice – I’d definitely try my best to help you. If I run for election, vote for me :p One last thing I would ask of you, would be, to remember the best of me. Forgive my transgressions and remember me well. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!

Someone asked me “How do the people who leave decide who to get their farewell email?” This friend then proceeded to tell me to please include her as a recipient in my farewell email. I am flattered that she has asked this. So, please let it be known, that it is my intention to include everyone I know in Ascendas, to be a recipient of this email. If I had accidentally left out anyone, please feel free to forward it to them.

4 years and 9 months is not a super long time to be in a company. Nor is it a very short time to be in a company. But 4 years and 9 months is definitely too short a time, to get to know a person well. Many of you know that I am in Lease & Asset Management, and that I have 3 kids (my boy Isaac, and a pair of dragon-phoenix twins Asher & Shawna). Many of you even know about my passion in boardgames.

But did you know that I used to collect dead mosquitoes and lizard skeletons? Or that I have an interest in a form of theatre called Playback Theatre and have once performed in The Esplanade? Or that my childhood ambition was to become a policewoman, then a writer, and subsequently an architect? :) In short, stay in touch, I have enough skeletons to spill for a lifetime!!! :p

Thanks to technology, please find below a plethora of ways to keep in contact…

My email address: emailpamela(a)yahoo.com
My mobile number: xxxxxxxx
My msn messenger: emailpamela(a)hotmail.com
My facebook account: emailpamela(a)yahoo.com
My blog: www.tanfamilychronicles.blogspot.com
My dream: www.myfirstgames.sg

All Ascendians, past and present, will always have a special place in my heart :)

Love, hugs and flying kisses (with saliva spraying all over you)!!!

;)pamela


REASON, SEASON, OR LIFETIME FRIENDS?

People always come into your life for a reason,
a season, or a lifetime.

When you figure out which it is,
you know exactly what to do.

When someone is in your life for a REASON,
it is usually to meet a need
you have expressed outwardly or inwardly.

They have come to assist you through a difficulty,
or to provide you with guidance and support...
to aid you physically, emotionally, or even spiritually.

They may seem like a godsend, and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.

Then, without any wrong doing on your part
or at an inconvenient time,
This person will say or do something
to bring the relationship to an end.

Sometimes they die.
Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up or out and force you to take a stand.

What we must realize is that our need has been met,
our desire fulfilled; their work is done.

The prayer you sent up has been answered and it is now time to move on.

When people come into your life for a SEASON,
it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn.

They may bring you an experience of peace
or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it!
It is real!

But, only for a SEASON.

And like Spring turns to Summer and Summer to Fall,
the season eventually ends.

LIFETIME relationships teach you a lifetime of lessons;
Those things you must build upon
in order to have a solid emotional foundation.

Your job is to accept the lesson,
love the person/people anyway,
and put what you have learned
to use in all other relationships
and areas of your life.

It is said that love is blind,
but friendship is clairvoyant.

Thank you for being a part of my life...

Written by: Brian A. "Drew" Chalker

4 comments:

  1. I like this post though its not for me... :P All the best in your new job!!!

    p/s: yeee.. i remember your mosquitoes collection... arghhhh..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Helena,

    Hahaha yes, I think you guys would remember the mosquitoes :p

    Hehehe... I had fun writing this farewell email! Glad you like it. hahaha...

    ;)pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message or a comment if you have enjoyed reading this post! We love getting comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this utility