Wednesday 5 September 2007

Yesterday was a GOOD DAY :)

Yesterday was a good day – even though I was so busy that I didn’t have time to log on to post this entry.

The night before last night was the first night we had taken care of Isaac all on our own – the confinement lady had left on Monday, you see. Milestone. What’s the difference? Well, I used to just wake up to breastfeed Isaac. But I could ‘return’ Isaac to the confinement lady for her to burp him, change his diaper, and put him back to sleep. Now we have to do all that on our own. Shackadoodles. Lucky hubbs helped. Pity hubbs can’t breastfeed Isaac. Tsk tsk tsk. Hiaz. Even if men can’t get pregnant, they should at least have boobs and help with the breastfeeding, right?! Hahaha… to be fair, hubbs has been great about helping out. He’s been changing diapers, bottle-feeding Isaac, and he is fantastic at singing and patting Isaac to sleep. Dunno what I'd do without him. Three cheers!!! :)

Yesterday was also the first time I drank a glass of plain water since I delivered Isaac. Ah… the sweet nothing-taste of water… Don’t understand why women in confinement can’t drink plain water and should drink red-dates-water. Lucky the red-dates-water tastes quite nice – except when they add ginger in it! Yucks!!!

Yesterday was also the first time I have taken a bath with clean, clear, and normal (ie. herb-less) water!!! Again. it’s so silly, this no-bathing with plain water rule. But I was/am just very thankful that I can even bathe everyday, albeit with herbal water. And luckily the herbal water doesn’t stink or have a weird consistency. It pretty much smells and feels like diluted herbal drink! Didn’t try drinking it though!

And from yesterday onwards, I can wash my hair every single day!!! Yay!!! I was only allowed to wash my hair once a week. That sucks man!!! Think it’s the thing I miss the most – washing my hair everyday. Now I can do it again!!! Hurrah!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message or a comment if you have enjoyed reading this post! We love getting comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this utility