Friday 28 September 2007

The Milk Trail - Part 3: Got Milk?

You know, just as I was telling you guys that I got certified as a GOOD COW... it seems as though my milk supply is becoming lesser :( Yesterday, we went back to my parents place for dinner. I didn't bring any expressed breastmilk with me, coz me, the Supplier, was there, right? So I figured I didn't need the expressed breastmilk.

But from like 2pm onwards, Isaac wanted to drink at like every hour - 3pm, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm... which is what he has been doing for the past week or so... but then last night, he drank me flat!!! He suckled for like half an hour on each side, and then he finally decided he wasn't getting enough - and he positively BAWLED!!!

*sob*sob* I felt me breasts and FLAT they were. Isaac positively flattened me! And he was crying his heart out - coz he was hungry. Gosh, I was so distressed. But tried not to show it lah. Lousy cow, I thought. What's the use of certification if you can't bloody PRODUCE. (alright, sorry, must watch me language)

So, what to do, I pretended he wanted to sleep and kinda tried to rock him to sleep. which was kinda easy since he was pretty tired out from all his crying over no milk. And when hubbs came back, I got him to carry Isaac, coz Isaac kept trying to suckle through my tshirt when he smelt the milk on me.

After an hour or so, I think there'd be some milk in them for him, and I let him latch on to try again. and so there was. He was temporarily satiated and we quickly went home.

But I'm DISTRESSED. I'd always had milk. How come now no milk?!?! *sob*sob* well. not totally NO milk, but not as abundant as before... when I try to pump, I get less than half of what I used to be able to pump... plus I'd wanted to start freezing and storing milk these couple of weeks coz I might be going back to work in a few more weeks time... so, this turn of events is especially worrying coz I really want to breastfeed Isaac for at least 6 months... or till I next get pregnant again...

This morning, I smsed a few friends and relatives who were breastfeeding mums. They all said the same thing, that, Isaac's probably going through a growth spurt, and hence he is feeding more often, and probably drinking a lot more. Also, that I should persevere in breastfeeding him, and my body would soon produce more milk to meet his demand...

sighz... I hope so... I really hope so... It's kinda reassuring , that they all say the same thing... But still...

MORE MILK! MORE MILK! MORE MILK!

GIMME MORE MILK!!!

NOW!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message or a comment if you have enjoyed reading this post! We love getting comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this utility