Sunday 21 October 2012

A train, a train!

"A train! A train! Would you, could you, on a train?"

Don't think dirty, please. The line above is from a children's book by a very renowned author, and talking about eating weird coloured food. So no dirty thoughts there... :p Brownie points for you if you know which book the quote came from! :)

Do you remember this post on how we made our own cars? Well, I thought the cars would also make good carriages of a train! So on the night of the KidsRead Make Cars Day, when I had the three cars that the kids made that night, I transformed it into a train!
How to attach the bottle bottom to the first carriage? I just cut slits into the carriage, and slid the slots of the top bottle in. The connections were really easily done too - just cut an X into the bottle, tie a knot in the rope and push it through. The 'rope' is actually saved from paper bags that had deteriorated and was going into the bin - but I usually save the handles coz they come in handy ;)
So after it is done, you can paint it, or paste paper, or whatever. This one above has masking tape plastered all over it. I wanted to varnish it, to give it an antiqued look. This masking-tape-varnish-antique was a craft that we did way back when I was in Secondary school. But I couldn't find any varnish at home, and the train has been this way ever since :p

Try making your train today! :)


Linking up with BWS tips button

7 comments:

  1. So cool, using vitagen bottles... Creative la you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yakult! haha but yeah, same as vitagen bottles lah. Compliment on creativity coming from you is high praise! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  2. Hee I should save up on my Yakult bottles instead of throwing them away. =p Nice and easy way to make a train! And love your starting line! Lol. Thanks so much for linking up! I'm getting inspired! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha you're welcomed! Your craft posts inspire me too! :)

      Delete
  3. Very creative! We have been drinking a lot of Yakult and it is a good way to recycle the bottles. Thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcomed! You can make bowling pins from Yakult bottles too! I should take pix and post on that too!

      Delete
  4. Wow! That's a very creative mama!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message or a comment if you have enjoyed reading this post! We love getting comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this utility