Thursday 16 August 2012

Happy 5th Birthday, Isaac!

Isaac at birth - 6th August 2007
Isaac turned 5 years old recently. It's amazing how the baby above grew into the charming boy below. The past five years with Isaac has been nothing short of amazing, and we look forward to many good years to come.
Isaac @ 5 years old
You know the children's tv channel Okto has this practice of featuring pictures of kids whose birthday fall in the existing month? Well, Isaac watches Okto when he's at his grandparents' home, and he always pays attention to the birthday book segment, reading the names of the kids, and how old they are. So, when it was August, I quickly submitted his picture onto Okto's facebook page, as per their instructions. So, on his birthday, we were at my in laws' place, and watching Okto when the birthday book segment came on...

Me:"Isaac, pay attention to the birthday kids' pictures... Mummy submitted your photo. But if they don't show it, it's okay, right?"
Isaac:"Yes, it's okay. We see how, right?"
Me:"Yes, that's right. Maybe have, maybe don't have... we see how... if don't have, nevermind. Doesn't matter."
Isaac:"Jake and the Neverland Pirates is the last one. After that, no more..."

We watched, and watched as the birthday book pictures cycled through. My heart was pounding as I repeated a short silent prayer for Isaac's photo to be featured... and we reached the last one, with Jake and the Neverland Pirates in the backdrop... and, it was not Isaac.

"Oh. Don't have." I said in a very dejected voice. I was frankly, very disappointed. I was really hoping he'd be featured. What a nice surprise that would have been for his birthday. It was the actual day too.

"Mummy, it's okay. You said if don't have, then nevermind, right? Doesn't matter, Mummy. I still love you." said Isaac. And he turned to me and gave me a hug and a kiss as he comforted me.

I almost cried. My little boy's all grown up! Sigh!!!

Happy 5th Birthday, Isaac. Love you!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, he's such a handsome boy...plus such a sweetheart too. Blessed birthday Isaac!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message or a comment if you have enjoyed reading this post! We love getting comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this utility