Wednesday 2 February 2011

Reunion Dinner 2011 at home

Asher & Shawna @ four days to 13 months; Isaac @ four days to 3 years 6 months | Picture taken on 2nd February 2011, eve of Chinese New Year 2011 | This post was written in March 2012.
Chinese New Year Eve 2011. It is a Chinese tradition that on the eve of the Chinese New Year, you were supposed to spend that night having a meal with your family. It is also traditional that the Reunion Dinner on the eve, is eaten with the male side of the family. That's why the reunion dinner with my parents and my sister's family, was eaten the Saturday before Chinese New Year. That also explains why my sister-in-law and her husband isn't in this picture, coz they are over at the husband's side.

My parents-in-law moved in with us when the twins were born. Before, when it was just Isaac, I used to send Isaac to my in-laws' place before going to work. But when we knew we were having twins, we knew it would be impossible for me to ferry all three kids to my in-laws' place before going to work, even if I did have a helper helping out. It was simply too disruptive and too much of a hassle. As a result, my in-laws came to stay with us instead.

So this reunion dinner was a milestone of sorts. It was a dinner of thanksgiving, that we had three lovely kids, and a very supporting family behind us, and that we, as a family, have survived and came through well - the first 12 months of the twins lives. Many people have said that I'm a wonder mummy. I say I couldn't have done it without the excellent help and support from my husband and our families :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message or a comment if you have enjoyed reading this post! We love getting comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this utility