Thursday 12 June 2008

24 hours a day

People who read my blog tell me that it's rather obvious that I am enjoying motherhood. Yes, I would say I am, tremendously. Isaac has been such a blessing and a great topping to the wonderful relationship I have with hubbs.

And as you can tell, we spend a lot of time meeting up with our friends. And a great variety and quantity of friends we have too - so much so that even though we fill our calendar meeting friends all the time, we can only manage to meet the same friend, a few times a year.

Well, it's not just us, I suppose. It's just the way it is. We all go through different stages in life, and everyone just gets busier and busier with whatever it is they're doing now, and it's so hard to find a common time or date to meet sometimes. People have their jobs, kids, studies, hobbies boyfriends/husbands, other friends, etc etc.

And everyone has 24 hours a day.

Sometimes I wished we had more hours in a day. Like, 48 hours. We can spend the same number of hours working, say 10 hours, and sleep enough like another 10 hours, and we'd still have 28 hours to do our own stuff. Wouldn't that be great?

That would probably help. But then, there's still the same problem of change. Change is the only constant nowadays. I keep hearing that, seeing that. Even my priest said that during homily one day. And it's true.

Change is sometimes good, and sometimes bad. I suppose we feel good about change when we're expecting it, and seeking it, even. But sometimes, I feel, change feels bad, when you're not prepared for it or when it catches us by surprise. Though i guess then everyone would say that the best is to be able to adapt to the change as and when it happens. Of course. Model answer. Riiiighhht.

I'm reading this book right now. About this guy, who enjoys just living his life by the day, and on the road, hitchhiking and stuff, just existing day by day, relishing in the change and uncertainty that each day brings him.

Sounds like great fun to me. Reminds me of the time when I was backpacking in UK. Not solitary. Almost. Felt a bit like it. Kinda miss it. Reminds me of Aberdeen, Scotland - when I was there on student exchange, I miss that. I had time to be alone, and yet I had my international friends.

I miss my international friends, one of which passed away unexpectedly, the rest of them so far, scattered round the world. I miss school time when we could have tons of time to spend with our friends. I miss doing playback, seeing my playbackers. I miss my good friends, I miss spending time with them. I miss seeing and talking to them almost everyday. Even when everyone's in tiny Singapore it's difficult to meet up. Everyone's busy doing their own stuff.

It's just different now, I guess. I'm a mother and a wife, and I simply don't have enough time to do everything I want to do, meet everyone I want to meet. I wouldn't trade Isaac nor hubbs for anything in the world. But I do wish I have more time. Perhaps just 30 hours a day would suffice? At least I'd have more time to travel around to meet more of my favourite people. If they'd see me, that is, if they have time too.

sighz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message or a comment if you have enjoyed reading this post! We love getting comments! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this utility